Confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Sapporo
Request from Mayor of Sapporo
Request from Mayor of Sapporo(City of Sapporo)
- Points of Prevention of COVID-19"(City of Sapporo)
It is important that all residents of Sapporo continue working on measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Let us all come together and implement "a new lifestyle".
When you feel sick
If you feel sick, please contact a “Coronavirus Consultation Center”.
Emergency Medical Consultation Center Sapporo（Coronavirus Consultation Center）
「#7119」 or「011-272-7119」24hour a day,365 days a year
※The center offers consultations not limited to Coronavirus-related symptoms. (It provides telephone consultations on the necessity of consulting a medical institution in case of sudden illness or injury.）
※Consultations are available in English, Chinese, Korean, Thai, Malay, and Russian.
|Sapporo City’s consultation Center||0570-085-789 everyday 9:00-21:00
|Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare||
Thai: 9:00-18:00Vietnamese: 10:00-19:00
Multilingual Visitor Hotline (24H) on New CoronavirusJapan National Tourism Organization (JNTO)
24 hour a day, 365 days a year
※Languages: English, Chinese, Korean, and Japanese
AMDA Medical Information Center Multilingual Consultation Service Regarding COVID19
Consultation in English
On weekdays 10:00 -16:00
In principle, patients who are tested positive for COVID-19 should be hospitalized or receive treatment at a designated facility, but home treatment is also available based on the availability of hospital beds and designated facilities.
Please read the document 'Guidelines for Home Treatment' carefully, as it describes precautions to be taken for home treatment.
- 'Guidelines for Home Treatment'（City of Sapporo）：Japanse、English、Chinese、Vietnamese
- Checking Your Health Daily by Using the System（City of Sapporo）：Japanese、Chinese、Vietnamese
Multilingual list of urgent symptoms when you get infected with COVID-19
When you get sick suddenly, use the words from the list to express your symptoms by yourself to the Health Center or medical institutions.
Status of Residence (Visa)
- Regarding Status of Residence (Visa) （Immigration Services Agency of Japan）
- Handling of residency for foreign nationals facing difficulty in returning to their home country
- About denial of landing to Japan
- Certificate of Testing for COVID-19
Immigration Information Center
If you have lost your job or had a drop in your income
- Please check this page first.(Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare)
- Checklist of what to do when you leave (left) a company and are looking for work (Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare) Japanese
- Labour Standards Advice Hotline(Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare)
Multilingual support is available (English, Chinese, Spanish, Portuguese, Tagalog, Vietnamese, Burmese, Nepali)
Living Support Measures
List of support measures by the government (Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare)
The support fund and allowance for the leave forced to be taken under the COVID-19 outbreak (Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare) Japanese
If you have not got the compensation during the leave of absence from work, you can apply for the compensation yourself.
Support for Continuous Employment （Immigration Services Agency of Japan)Japanese
Foreign workers who were affected by the spread of COVID-19 including technical interns who have difficulties in continuing their training, those who got dismissed from their company, international students whose offer of employment was cancelled are permitted to change their resident status to “Designated Activities” that allows them to work for a maximum of one year.
They can also receive a “Matching Assistance” from the Japanese Government to find a job.
Leaflet（Immigration Services Agency of Japan）
Housing Security Benefit(Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare)
Those who are finding it difficult to pay the rent due to income decrease resulting from business shutdown, etc. The rent may be paid to landlords for 3 (or up to 12) months. Conditions apply (e.g., your income, savings, etc.).
Ministry of Health, Labour and WelfareJapanese
Leaflet（Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare）
- [Self-reliance Support Center in Sapporo] STEP (Japanese only)
Temporary Loan Emergency Funds(Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare)
These are loans with no interest for individuals struggling with living expenses due to loss of income and these must be repaid in full.
Emergency Small Amount Fund
[Emergency Small Amount Fund]
To households facing urgent temporary difficulties in maintaining their livelihood.
Maximum loan amount is 200,000yen and one time only.
General Support Funds
Support for living expenses until members of the household are able to recover their livelihood.
For single household, monthly fund can be up to 150,000yen for 3 months.
For households of more than 2 people, up to 200,000yen for 3 months.
Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare Japanese
Sapporo Social Welfare Council (Japanese only)
Leaflet（Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare）
Those who cannot borrow more General Support Fund (loans for necessary living expenses) from Social Welfare Council because they finished borrowing the maximum amount and so on and their income and savings are under specified amount may be eligible for “Self-reliance Support Money for People in Need”.
Eligible persons will receive the letter.
To receive the money, continuous job-searching activities (visiting Hellowork etc.) and submission of report to Sapporo City are required every month.
Please check Sapporo City’s website for details.
If you need support for application, checking the eligibility and so on, please contact SAPPORO HELP DESK for Foreign Residents.
Reduction or exemption of National Health Insurance premiums（City of Sapporo）
If you had a drop in your income by 30% from the previous year, your National Health Insurance premiums might be reduced or exepmpted.
Call Center：050-3612-6330（in Japanese）
※Hours：9:00～19:00（Mon-Fri, Closed on Saturdays, Sundays and national holidays）
Grace period for tax payment （Hokkaido Foreign Resident Support Center）
There is possibility to receive the grace period of payment for electricity, gas, water, NHK, cell phone and so on.
Need to contact each company for details.
School Expenses Assistance（City of Sapporo）
Assistance for school expenses such as school supplies, lunch, field trip and so on to the households with elementary and junior high schoolers whose income is a below certain amount.
Ask the schools for more details.
Special Benefit will be given to low-inocome familes who have children. This is a one-time cash payment of 50,000 yen per child. Application may be required.
For single-parent Families
- Special Benefit for Supporting Low-income Families with Children (Single-parent families) （City of Sapporo）
- Special Benefit for Supporting Low-income Families with Children(Single-parent families）（Ministry of Health）
Families other than single-parent families
- Special Benefit for Supporting Low-income Families with Children (other than single-parent families)（City of Sapporo）
- Special Benefit for Supporting Low-income Families with Children (other than single-parent families)（Ministry of Health）
- Sapporo Call Center for Special Benefit for Supporting Low-income Single-parent Families with Children（Japanese）
Hours：Mon-Fri 10:00～18:30 Closed on Saturdays, Sundays and national holidays
- Call Center for Special Benefit for Supporting Low-income Families with Children（Japanese）
Hours：Mon-Fri 10:00～18:00 Closed on Saturdays, Sundays and national holidays
- Child-rearing Support Section, Child Care Support Department, Bureau for the Future of Children（Japanese）
Hours：Mon-Fri 8:45～17:15 Closed on Saturdays, Sundays and national holidays
If you need more information about the above or need support for applications, please contact Sapporo Help Desk for Foreign Residents.
Be careful of “Coronavirus” fraud
Be careful of “Coronavirus” fraud (City of Sapporo)
Please be aware of the points below.
- Public authorities will not ask for personal information in connection with the new coronavirus!
- Don't open emails from unknown senders!
- Don't initially trust the URLs in emails!
- Make sure you're on a legitimate site when you enter your ID, password, and credit card information!
- If you receive something you don't recognize, refuse to receive it!
- If you get a text message or a suspicious phone call from an unknown source, don't act on your own, always talk to the police or your family first!
Consultation Hotline（Japanese only）
- Police consultation number #9110（24hour a day, 365 days a year)
- Consumer Hotline 188（Weekdays, 10:00-12:00,13:00-16:00）
- National Consumer Affairs Center of Japan/Consumer Hotline regarding Special Cash Payment
TEL 0120-213-188 (Everyday 10:00-16:00 Free to call）
Please contact SAPPORO HELP DESK for Foreign Residents when you encounter any difficulty or concern.